Weekend at Kari's!!

Beating the chilly Delhi night with a blower and a laptop resting on my thighs, drinking Scapa with Buff Sukuti, Pork Luncheon Meat, accompanied by a wonderful company. Who could have imagined that a laptop could be so handy. It was very flattering to have her watch while I was cooking. It was indeed very gratifying to sense her joy and have her appreciate the spicy tea with black pepper. We sat listening to playlist comprising of the favourite numbers from Scorpions, G n R, John Lennon, Garth Brooks, Kenny Rogers, Dire Straits, Led Zeppelin, Bob Dylan, Phil Collins, etc. I didn't know "Another Day in Paradise" had a soul version. That was weird in a nice way. Lounging on her cane chair with the blower desperately trying to keep us warm, had me thinking, "Could the night get any better?" I doubted, but yes, falling asleep to the tunes of Kenny G was definitely the icing on the cake. The best time I've ever had in Delhi. Its right up there among the best times I've ever had. I won't thank you for obvious 'cultural' reasons but Kari, you definitely deserve loads of hugs.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Monday Blues????

Offbeat...

Falling off a cliff..