Monday Blues????

It was a bright, sunny and warm Monday morning. Having slept early the night before, I woke up early, feeling as fresh as a morning dew. I excitedly jumped out of my bed and went to make an international call. As usual, I was disappointed to hear the same recorded voice. So, I decided to while my time away in the net.

Of all the contacts online, there was a girl who I had met and be-friended few years back during an usual Sunday hangout. Though we had met almost 3 years back, we hadn't faced each other ever since. Of course, I used to call her once in a blue moon, but more often than not, it used to be during those Sundays, in good mood. I specially love to talk to people when I am kinda drunk. Normally, I think I am kinda quiet person who doesn't like to talk much. When I am tipsy, drunk, in a good mood or in a high (whatever you call it), its just the opposite. At times, I've locked my cell phone away so that I don't disturb people during odd hours with my insanity.

So here she was, who I had spoken to a numerous times in my drunken state but hadn't meet her even once at my state of sobriety. After exchanging pleasantries, it didn't take me long to figure out that she wasn't feeling her best. I tried my best to cheer her up with some, "the glass is half-full, not half-empty" kinda guffs. I am not sure how well I convinced her but was certainly taken aback, to be invited for a cup of coffee. Although I am not apprehensive to meet people, everything happened so suddenly that it took me a while to come to terms with reality.

As I was waiting for her, there were so many thoughts flashing on my head. Will we able to relate to each other? How well will we get along? Prior to this, we hadn't really communicated with each other. This was nothing better than a "blind date" and honestly speaking, I was pretty skeptical. I've had some pretty bad experiences in the past and that has sometimes pushed me on my backfoot. Having said that, I don't hesitate to take chances in life. I can accept failing but I can't accept the guilt of not trying. "Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what is inside unless you open it."

So there I was waiting for her in a busy street and she made me wait for almost half an hour but when I saw her walking down the pavement, I knew it was worth the wait. She looked like a "senorita" rather than a Nepali "thitee". Once we sat down and started conversing, I knew I was in for a treat. Though both of us didn't talk much, whatever conversation we had and even the silence made sense.

Here she was, who I feel is living her life to the fullest. I know "the grass is always greener on the other side" but its very difficult to live life on one's own terms in a society like ours and hats off to her. She is definitely a rebel in her own rights. She doesn't have any qualms whatsoever in voicing out her opinions and taking appropriate actions. As we were talking, the clouds got very dark and before we could even react, it started raining cats and dogs and of course, hailstones. It was a perfect setting, icing on the cake.

The invitation for a cup of coffee turned out to be 3 cups for me. Initially, I intended to stay only for an hour or 2 as I had my office but the gossip, ambiance, and the beautiful weather didn't allow us to keep track of the time. Though, it was still raining, we had no other options but to leave as I had to go to the office. You can't imagine how I hated my job at that moment. However, it was great fun and I enjoyed every sec of my walk on the rain. Though I wished that I could stop the clock for once but everything that begins has to come to an end and thats the beauty of life.

Having said that, it was probably the best Monday I've ever had. I don't even remember when was the last time I went out on any other day besides a Sunday. So, it was a change and changes are always for good. To top all of it, there was a wonderful company too. I don't know how much of a good time she had but even if she enjoyed half of what I did, I will feel glad. Well as I keep saying..."Life is a journey and you come across a lot of people. Most of them just pass by but there are a very few who leave an indelible impression." For the first time in many years, I wasn't complaining about Monday blues.

Comments

Anonymous said…
ummm
nice 1
reminds me of d day my ama fooled me in april 1st
73/74 huda malai hoina ullo banako k
miss those days so bad
ani ek din k bhako bhan na ama le hoi glass ma tyo sano ants huncha ni rato rato tyo lai jwana bhanera khai ra k moj le
ani frooti lai tooti bhanthyoooo aausadi lai aokhati bhanthyo
neways malai ta tyo ama le uloo banako din yadd aayo ni timro yo padera
Anonymous said…
lovely piece, "monday blues".

i never had an idea tat u can be such a romantic writer.i am sure u r getting old, u know y?coz i've read :saggi's get more romantic wit the growing age,hehehehe

i got carried away to the scene while reading. n i felt very nice to read it for u over the phone.hahahah
i was wondering if this was a true incident or ur imagination.. watever it is, it is just lovely.
u know wat u really have a superb imaginative power, or else u wud not ve written:
""Normally, I think I am kinda quiet person who doesn't like to talk much. ""
hahahah

i don't know if u r quiet wit others but wit me, be it in ur tipsy mood or in ur sobriety u r always 'sweetly talkative' n recently, "influential".

take care
Anonymous said…
Well,I'm more interested to know WHAT happened after the 'Monday Blues' with 'the Seniorita'?
atheist said…
Well met her a couple of times after that and then like most of the things in my life, left her behind in the wilderness..
Anonymous said…
hi,
nice one,but i need to know wat happened after that.
any story needs to have a climax.
Anyways i really enjoyed it..

Please continue.
Anonymous said…
intrestin to know about ur feeling ....bac then....liked it..n yes did the person whom u were with read this?????she would love to know the other side,,,,,hhehee cheers..
Anonymous said…
well wot can i say !! u write beutifully. i could picture all that u said was happenin in ur article... it was nice to know that u r still havin fun meetin new people n explorin life he he ....
take cares hun
eagerly waitin for the next one !!
make it soon !!
:)
Anonymous said…
i never thought u were such a romantic guy..i got carried away while i was reading this....what happen after tht....would love to read tht
Anonymous said…
Same here i could picture all that u said was happenin in ur article... Nice work.

Popular posts from this blog

Offbeat...

Falling off a cliff..