Bidding Adieu to 2007

Finally, 2007 is bygone and we've already stepped into 2008. I would just like to take few minutes off and look back at the year that has passed by. Some people might think its not such a good idea as lot of us believe in "letting bygones be bygones." I want to look back not because I want to cry over my failures but I want to analyse my deeds in the year gone by and make sure that I learn from my past. I am a firm believer of "Life is the best teacher."

The year was full of highs and lows. If there were some moments that made me want to stop the clock so that I could live that moment forever, then there were also moments that made me feel suicidal. There were times when I felt like ending everything I was into and there were also times when I felt I couldn't have asked for more.

There were some broken relationships and there was also sister's marriage. If you ask me today, honestly, thats only the second instance in my life when I've felt so low or helpless. She and I were more like friends than siblings. Like everyone else, I too had my dreams and wanted her marriage to be a very special day in our life as its a once in a lifetime event and she is the only sis I have. But that was not to be. She didn't have dad's approval and I was in no position whatsoever. So, there goes, one of my biggest dreams, straight down the drains. How true it is when people say, "Time and tide waits for no one."

There is of course another relationship that gave me one hell of sleepless nights for almost half the year. Well, I always used to be this "No woman No Cry" kinda guy but like much of other things in my life, she too came unannounced. I was happy and was adjusting to the change pretty well but she vanished as quitely as she entered my life. Though it might sound a bit too cheesy but I still have my fingers crossed and silently hope that she comes back into my life. You understand the real value of a person only when he/she is not around. I went to the extent and quit smoking because she didn't like it. Honestly speaking, it was the first time I listened to anyone else other than me. Even though, she ain't around these days and haven't spoken to her for months now, I don't feel the temptation to smoke.

There were also days when I excelled, set new benchmarks for myself. There were times when people came by and patted my back. My younger brother too, is living with me and continuing his studies. Of course, life is on a bit tougher side with more stomachs to feed and the same, solo breadearner but "when the going gets tough, the tough gets going." And to add to my joys, everytime I return back home past midnight after a hard day's work, its so amazing to see that big glow on mom's face. The only reason being that all her 3 kids are around her after almost a decade.

So, what did I learn from 2007? You hardly get anything you want so whatever comes your way, you gotta either accept it or reject it. The choices are all yours and so are the consequences. That's how life is and life doesn't end with shattered dreams. Many people say, "life is not fair" but I say, "life is not meant to be fair."

So, what are my resolutions and plans for 2008? Well, I don't have any plans coz I simply live a day at a time and don't believe in planning anything for the future that I am not even sure of living. But this is what I am gonna do...I know 2008 isn't going to be a bed of roses either, there will be both good and bad times. Neither will I get carried away by the good times nor will the bad times see the end of me. One thing I am sure about is I will continue giving my 110% day in and day out coz I don't believe in doing anything half-heartedly.

Bidding adieu to 2007....I would like to wish all the best to everyone out there and Happy New Year 2008!!

Comments

Anonymous said…
i appreciate the way u 've always moved on in life no matter wat and that too without complaining, i like ur attitude of living life...

WHEN THE GOING GETS TOUGH , THE TOUGH GETS GOING!!!!!!!!
and that is ...waaoww!
really nice one.

god bless u
may 2008 brings wit it a lot of good stuffs in ur life and may he give u the strenght to hop over the obstacles if in case it comes by.

take care
Anonymous said…
WOW Dear,
Its amazing how smoothly you described the rough changes of life with very simple words,the flow is EXCELLENT,it was right thru heart, so very honest,well i can tell you,ITS HARD TO GROW OLD,but dear,way u understood the edges and way u described, you sure will do good and 2008 would be Excellent,well dear, its a small world,but places are always bigger than what it appears on map,life is confusing,Leave ur guide book, good things happens when u expect least,
Yung said…
WOW Dear,
Its amazing how smoothly you described the rough changes of life with very simple words,the flow is EXCELLENT,it was right thru heart, so very honest,well i can tell you,ITS HARD TO GROW OLD,but dear,way u understood the edges and way u described, you sure will do good and 2008 would be Excellent,well dear, its a small world,but places are always bigger than what it appears on map,life is confusing,Leave ur guide book, good things happens when u expect least,
Anonymous said…
well finally iv decided ta leave u sm cmnts
umm well "MR ASK ME" m actualy used ta listn ta ur damiz damiz kuraz so all tht i hv ta say is whteva uv postd r all damizzzzzzzzzz(lik d way i say it hehe)

d only thing i wana say is u dun deserve ta feel low or sad cuz uv dun enough i swear i dunno wht id du if i were in ur place

ps u ask him nething he jus nos it
Anonymous said…
And to add to my joys, everytime I return back home past midnight after a hard day's work, its so amazing to see that big glow on mom's face.

how sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

its really stupid ta say this but i really lik ur mom

tei bhaera tempa lose garera jpt nabhana hoi
Anonymous said…
37hmmmm... wot can i say... u know i dont always agree with u n u know der r sum stuff in der i wudnt agree to he he ... happy to hear u been doin great... hope this year will treat u gud.. u've always had a great attitude towards life n i like it .. like it alot ...
take care
peace!!
kaleeeeeyy he he !!
Anonymous said…
abba u saci r estai ho baba
its so amazing reallyyyyy
i luk at my self n m sorta ashamed m always creepin bt small things hai harreyyy
ani sabbhanda pidit chai u n my sis hai
neways i think i shud learn smthn frm u hai

ani aja m readin every line tht uv wittn sab damiii lagyo

crush bho bhane yesto ni huncha????
Anonymous said…
hey...damn u r a good writer...u know wht...im the worst writer...i dunno how to play wit words...anyways awsome line....WHEN THE GOIN GETS TOUGH,THE TOUGH GETS GOING...heheh
cheers....
smriti

Popular posts from this blog

Monday Blues????

Offbeat...

Falling off a cliff..