Offbeat...

What is life? Wikipedia defines it as: "Life is a condition that distinguishes organisms from inorganic objects, i.e. non-life, and dead organisms, being manifested by growth through metabolism, reproduction, and the power of adaptation to environment through changes originating internally." How I wish it could be that simple. I believe this is unarguably, the most discussed topic that we've ever come across. Many writers, poets, authors have written or spoken about it. In fact, each individual has his/her own perspective towards it. The difference is some put their views in words, some talk about it and some just act on it.

For me, life's been a huge roller coaster ride with all those highs and lows. Sometimes its been a great fun and I've wished the moment never ended. There have been moments when I wished that the clock would just stop ticking but time and tide waits for none. On the other hand, more often than not, life's been so dreadful, I've been envious of the dead. It is in these dreadful situations, when I start asking all sorts of questions to myself. The one I ask myself the most is why do we need to go through all of this. I mean all of us are aware of the universal truth: death. All of us will end up being eaten by those maggots or being burnt to ashes. So why all this trouble? Why do we keep slogging our asses every single day and night? Why do we keep wanting for more? Why do we envy others' successes and always nag over our failures?

Well, I don't claim to have an answer to all of that otherwise I would definitely be the enlightened one. I am very much aware that the above questions are the most pessimistic thoughts one can come across or imagine of. As far as I am concerned, I do all that I have questioned above. I slog my ass day in and day out. I always dream and want more. I am most of the times envious of others' successes and more often than not nag over my failures or my missed opportunities. I know I am not the only one and bet all of you reading this blog do it. There is nothing to be ashamed of. In fact I am happy that I have these feelings. These feelings are the reason why I am alive and I aspire to continue living. Even the person attempting to end his/her life will, for once, just before breathing his last, regret his/her choice to end life. The very feeling of dissatisfaction or the need for more gets us going and inspires us to do better every time. Why do you think Sachin Tendulkar scored 25,000+ runs in International Cricket and still today strives to add every single run? Would he have reached where he is today hadn't he had the greed or the hunger for runs?

Sometimes I feel why do we keep grudges against people. We have one life to live and 3/4 of that we spend on wishing ill of others. Though we might not always be wrong and it might be that other person but you'll agree with me when I say, we are not always right either. I too have had my own share of tiffs, not that I haven't tried to reconcile the differences, but in some cases, the matter go beyond your control and it's better to quit than to drag it along. At this point I just tend to remember the Serenity Prayer, "Accept the things you can't change. Have the courage to change the things you can and wisdom to know the difference between the two."

To sum it up, for me life's been Home Alone, Basketball Diaries and Castaway. Fortunately, my Titanic hasn't sunk yet, and I silently hope that I continue sailing in this ocean called 'life' for another 15-20 years. Well, its just a wishful thinking. Until next time, Ciao!!

P.S. Please feel free to jot down your comments and criticisms.

Comments

Unknown said…
well,this time I really don't wanna say anything,because you have written down everything that I want to read or in other words the question that you brought in itself says everything,so just keep on writting and as always I will be the first one to leave the comment.
Anonymous said…
heeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaaa
grrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaatttttttttttttttt writin . love it . keep on writting .
Anonymous said…
hmmm,u say my comment means a lot to u but to say it truly it is my pleasure to comment on ur wonderful writting.every word is so well placed,as i go thru word after word it grabs every bit of intrest of mine din't even answered when my mom was calling from upstairs until i finished reading........
Anonymous said…
hey badar
this is d first tim iv eva read ur blog
n seriously u jus write gr8888888 raicha
beleive me i neva read ur journal properly before
aja padeko damizzzzzz lagyo
damiz cha seriouslyyyyyy
Anonymous said…
by the time i finish all ur writing,,,,,may be il have some idea bout writing ...n bein positive,,,thanx.....chao!!

Popular posts from this blog

Monday Blues????

Falling off a cliff..