Smoking!!

It was around half past 4 Sunday morning. I had been very restless for sometime and not being able to focus properly. My heartbeat had increased by two folds and I had this huge lump on my throat. My mind was flooded with these crazy thoughts over which I had no control whatsoever. I paced around the floor trying to make sense of what I had just encountered. I stepped out on the balcony of my cabin and felt the cool breeze and tried to calm myself but that didn't help a bit.

I then thought that maybe a cigarette would do the trick. So, I got myself a cigarette from the cafeteria. The first puff though a bit bitter certainly did help in calming down my nerves. I popped in a Ginger Halls and continued smoking. It definitely tasted better or shall i say, sweeter. I definitely had calmed down by the time I discarded the butt. I had definitely calmed though I don't know for sure what it was due to. The cigarette or just the diversion of thoughts. I certainly felt a bit dizzy and suddenly the cool breeze just got colder. There I had just smoked my first cigarette since September '08.

Comments

Unknown said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said…
What is it that jumpstart the urge? That...my friend,keeps the reader thinking.

Popular posts from this blog

Monday Blues????

Offbeat...

Falling off a cliff..